A very easy to make Indian breakfast with oats and chickpea flour or besan .These can be eaten with any chutney. I like to have this with green chutney. I have added lot of vegetables to this. Let us see how to make this simple breakfast.
Preparation time approx 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 cup of powdered oats.
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour or besan.
- 3 chopped green chillies.
- a piece of chopped or grated ginger.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum (any color)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots.
- 1/4 cup fined chopped cabbage.
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes ( deseeded)
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- few chopped pudina leaves.
- salt to taste.
- water to mix the batter.
Mix everything adding water in to dosa consistency batter.
Heat a nonstick or granite pan.
Pour a laddle full of batter to the hot pan and spread very little. It should be little thick.
Make any size as you wish.
Cover it with a lid.
Cook on slow flame.
When one side is cooked flip it and cook the other side also.
I have not added oil. If you want you can pour a spoon of oil .
Serve with green chutney or any chutney of you choice.