Kuruma is one of the popular cuisine from South India.We can make different varaities of kuruma.This spicy curry can be paired with puri, dosa, idiyappam, aappam, roti , parathas etc. Kuruma is a mix of vegetables and ground coconut masala. Let us see how to make this spicy simple masala.Preparation time approx.20 to 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup chopped potaotes.( cut in to smalll pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped french beans.
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots.( cut in to small pieces)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated peas
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets.
- 1/4 cup chopped cabbage.
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 big size tomato pureed.
- 1/4 cup grated coconut.
- 4 tbsp fried gram or pottukadalai. ( we can use cashewnuts or almonds also).
- 2 green chillies
- small size ginger piece.
- 2 pods of garlic.( if u like to add more you can add more garlic, If you dont want to use garlic omit this)
- 1/2 tsp saunf or fennel seeds
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1tsp coriander powder.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- salt to taste.
- 1 bay leaf
- one small piece cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- few chopped coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsp oil.
- 1 tsp jeera.
Grind coconut, fried gram, ginger, garlic, green chillies and fennel seeds. Make a paste and keep aside.
Heat oil and add jeera, bay leaf, cinnamon and clove. fry till it turn brown. Add chopped onions. Fry till it becomes brown.
Add tomato puree and fry. Add little salt now. Close it with a lid and fry.
When it becomes dry add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder. Saute well. Now add all chopped vegetables other than cauliflower. Mix well.
Now add coconut masala and fry for few more minutes.
Cover cook for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of water. Let the vegetables cook. When the vegetables are half cooked add cauliflower. Mix well and cook .
Add chopped coriander leaves.