Quinoa is rich in fiber, minerals, antioxidants and all nine essential amino acids. Quinoa is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods. Quinoa is good for weight loss and improves health also. Quinoa salad is very easy to make and filling lunch or dinner dish. I have added some veggies to cooked quinoa and for better taste used vinaigrette dressing. I have not used onions or garlic. You can add chopped onions.Let us see how to make this salad.
Preparation time approx 15 minutes.
Soaking time 15 minutes.
- 1 /4 cup quinoa.
- 10 to 12 soaked overnight and cooked white channa.
- 1/4 cup carrots cut in to small pieces.
- 1 small size cuccumber chopped .
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1 samll tomato deseeded and cut in to small pieces .
- 1 very small size cooked potato cut in to pieces.
- 1 tbsp vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 tsp vinegar.
- 1/12 tsp white or black pepper powder.
- 1 green chilly finely chopped.
- salt to taste.
chopped coriander leaves. ( there was no salad leaves at home so i used coriander leaves.)
Vinaigrette for dressing.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 4tbsp ginger juice.
- 2 tbsp vinegar (apple cedar vinegar is also good)
- 1/2 spoon pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice.
- Kosher salt or normal salt.
Mix everything well. Or shake it after putting in a bottle).
Add this to salad .
In a pressure cooker cook the quinoa adding 1/2 cup of water and salt for 3 to 4 whistles or cook it in open pan. Use double the amount of water to quinoa seeds.
Keep aside for cooling.
Once quinoa came to room temparature add all the items mentioned above and mix well.
you can keep vinaigrette dressing in the fridge and use for few days.
Use any kind of veggies of your choice or gtreens for your salad.