Gobi musallam or whole cauliflower is baked with some Indian spices and Greek yogurt is a very delicious delicacy. After roasting or baking we can have this as a snack with pudina chutney or we can have this as a side dish for roti.
Today I tried my hand at this baked version of Gobi musallam with out oil. It is very healthy for even diet conscious people. Let us see how to make this yummy easy roasted cauliflower.
Preparation time approx 45 minutes
Baking time approx 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 1 medium size whole cauliflower
- 1 cup Greek yogurt.or hung curd
- 2 tsp red chilli powder. Or papparika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp armchur powder ( if curd is sour omit this)
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp kasturi methi powderMethodClean the cauliflower with hot water and cut the stem and leaves and clean it. Below portion stem cut into a proper flat shape then only cauliflower will sit inside the baking tray.Mix all other ingredients and Keep aside for 15 minutes.
Take a baking bowl and put aluminum foil and brush little olive oil and keep aside.
Apply the yogurt masala all over the cauliflower. Don’t leave any space.
Keep the cauliflower inside the baking tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
By the time preheat your oven at 180 degree.
Once it is heated keep the baking tray inside the oven and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
After 30 minutes check the cauliflower. If your top portion is brown cover this with aluminum foil and continue baking.
After an hour check the cauliflower. If it is dry and turned the colour remove from oven.
I baked 1 hour 10 minutes. My flower was not ready.
Once it is roasted take out from oven garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with roti or pudina chutney .