Thalipeeth is a popular Maharastrian break fast dish. It is made with multy grains.. Today i tried thalipeeth with multi millet powder for more healthy version. I used lot of coriander leaves, spinach, pudina leaves also. Millets are known for its health benifts. Let us see how to make this thalipeeth.
Preparation time approx 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup sorghum or jowar powder
- 1/2 cup Ragi or finger millet powder
- 1/2 cup bajra or pearl millet.
- 1/2 cup besan or channa daal powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat powder.
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 small tomato grated fined
- a small bundle of chopped coriander or dhaniya leaves
- a small bundle of chopped pudina leaves
- 1 small bundle of spinach. (blanched .)( we can use methi leaves. It was not available . so i used spinach. Methi leaves will give much more taste than spinach.)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder. ( as per your taste )
- 4 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger paste.
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste ( optional. I have not added )
- oil for making thalipeeth and dough
In a wide bowl add 1 cup of water. Add chopped items. powders, tomato salt.
Heat water and put the spinach in it. Take it out and squeeze it. Add this to the millet powders.
Mix very well.
Make a soft dough and keep aside.
Take a big size dough and make it round ball.
In an aluminium foil or oiled sheet keep this ball. With your fingers spread it in to round roti. It should be little thick roti.
put 3 holes in that so that inside thalipeeth will cook properly.
Heat a tawa. Add little oil and spread it with a tissue paper.
When the tawa is hot put the thalipeeth upside down in to tawa. Keep the fire on medium.
Pour a spoon full of oil around the thalipeeth. Cook . When it is roasted one side flip it in to other side. Add some more oil and cook till it turn good colour.
Serve with any pickle and curd.
Use Methi leaves instead of spinach.
Use any grated vegetable of your choice,
Add garlic paste. I have not added in this.
Always cook on low fire.